Release of Poppy Humanoid 1.0 Price and Date?

Quick question regarding this topic . Has Poppy already been released like in a kit version before or will it be released this week ? ( Or alternatively is The new version will be release in one week, stay plugged ! been there for a while now ? )

R&D stated that there would be 3 models according to what you will use poppy for .
Research
Hobby
General public

With a price depending on what category you feel there is to for fill your needs is this still a thing or will there only be one model ?

Thank you in advance for your replies :smile:

The Poppy Humanoid 1.0 repository is available here:

We do not have announced it officially yet because we are still working on few stuff like the documentation and wifi remote access.

A kit will be distributed by partners, we are just waiting for a sample to validate everything is alright before the kit is actually sold. The cost is not yet clearly determine.

As we have very limited ressources, unfortunately we certainly won’t be able to create alternative version of Poppy Humanoid (R&D) such as one with AX. However, we can provide support and encourage anyone interested in developing this low cost version.

For Education/Hobby, the Poppy Humanoid can be split into different modules such as arms/torso/head etc… to reduce its cost. We will also provide a 3D printable version of Poppy Ergo.

For general public, we are working on Poppy Ergo powered by XL320, we are waiting for the first sample to validate the mechanic.

1 Like

Sounds great , cant wait until the kit is available for purchase .

I will try to create a version with the AX servo’s . although cheap and servo’s don’t mix to well i will give it a shot .

It will take some time until i find my place in this project . But it seems like one of the most exciting open-source projects i have seen in a while . Keep up the good work .

o7

1 Like

I do not find the STL files for the version 1.0. Did you do them ?

Thanks.

Yep they are in the releases:

https://github.com/poppy-project/poppy-humanoid/releases/tag/1.0-pre-release

Ok thank you (I was looking for “release” folder for a while but now I understand… :wink:)

Nevertheless, upper poppy v1.0 is on his way :blush:

1 Like

Oh it seems I have exported the STL with “meter” as unit, normaly it is either mm or inch so you may experience trouble…
I just spent 30 min wondering why meshmixer didn’t display the meshes …

I will re-export them ASAP.

Aaaaah! No problem with having a giant Poppy :wink:

It seems that the conversion was well done comparing two pieces. Any risk of rounding ?

Actually you will have a tiny Poppy because unit can be interpreted as millimeter.

No-risk for the shape.

For the chest, I have the following dimensions on Sculpteo :156.8 Ă— 94.4 Ă— 99.5 mm which seems to me good. Is it OK ?

Are you going to order all the parts on Sculpteo ?
and what is like the price ? i’m looking for a 3D printer to start on printing a poppy .
But if i could use something like sculpteo , it would save me the price of the printer .
On the other hand again if a kit pops up one of these days i would wait for that .

Witch unit have the STL ?

it is currently in meter

Problem solved, the release has been updated. Here the direct link to the 3D printed parts in STL format.

Bonus: a tuto and a script to export the 3D printed parts to STL from the Solidworks model:

To come back to the initial topic of @Sync_Midi, we juste received the last version of the 3D printed parts:

Imgur

Imgur

Tomorrow a guy from our lab will assemble it, we will check if everything is OK the final release will be official and a distributor will start to sell the complete pack !

5 Likes

In the Poppy 1.0 BOM list we can see that a sound system is featured (speaker + amplifier).
Can we use it directly plugged to the Odroid board ?

Yep but there are some soldering to do by hand …

oee baby , the black version looks super sweet . i will hold on printing the parts and just wait until the kit is available . thx Matthieu for the update

1 Like

What is the material made out of? To me it looks sort of like a smooth type of plastic that you would feel on a new electronic device.

These parts are printed with SLS (selective laser sintering) technology.