When will Poppy Humanoid 1.0 be released?

I am a robotics enthusiast and I am interested in the Poppy robot. It’s a very fascinating project and very good work has been done by you guys so far. I was looking forward to the release of Poppy v. 1.0 and it was indicated on your website that it would be made available this summer but no release news has become available so far :frowning:
Could you let me know when do you guys plan to release it?

Yep you are right, we are a bit late…
We will release the new release ASAP (end of october) at least with most of the components.

1 Like

I understand and didn’t mean to say that you are late. But just wanted to check when would v.1.0 (not just the next build but the complete v. 1.0) be released approximately according to you?

Some pictures of a Poppy close to the v1.0 :wink:

PS: @ribas, @Patrick c’est votre Poppy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great :smiley:
What are the major differences with the old one?

Cool! But when would v.1.0 (complete) be released (like by end of this year or early next year–when approximately)?

Very nice and look very sober…

@ribas, @Patrick we played with your Poppy today and we were pleasantly surprised by the robot performances and behaviors, I think you will have a lot of fun with it :slight_smile:

Also, it appears we reached a development point where the Poppy humanoid is ready and satisfying. So @esifts, we will stop a 1.0 version for the end of the month.

2 Likes

That’s great news, impatient to see some videos :smiley:

Great! Looking forward to it.

What are the actuators used, and where to get them from?

You have the full list of components here:

You can get dynamixel motors on several webshop (e.g. Generation Robots)