RAZOR IMU Integration with the XU4 OF Poppy

Hello Everybody,

Thank you for the code for the RAZOR, I’m currently working as an intern at Dassault Systemes with Poppy (Same project as @JuanMiguel). We would like to integrate the IMU with the odroid XU4 board in the head of Poppy but I’m kind of a noob in the electronics part, I would really like to know all the necessary materials to integrate the RAZOR IMU to make a buying order. I’m aware that the pins in the XU4 are actually working with 1.8 V while the IMU works with 3.3 V, so voltage adjustment is needed.

I would be really grateful if you could give me kind of like a shopping list, for all the materials that you would consider necessary and Why. Also if it isn’t too much to ask, the same question but using a PC (which are the materials needed to have a proper connection with my laptop). Thank you very much.

Freddy Romero

The sparkfun one seems to be directly compatible with FTDI Basic Breakout, Bluetooth Mate, XBee Explorer…
So the best way is to have FTDI Basic Breakout with the razor directly on a USB port of the XU4.

Actually if you convert (or “shift”) the 1.8V (Voltage-Level Translator )then you just have to use the rx/tx pins of Odroid. Absolutely no need for extra 15$.

EDIT: My bad! The FTDI solution suggested by @Nicolas is better if you wish to use it with your laptop as well!

1 Like

Ok so It will be the RAZOR IMU plus the FTDI Basic Breakout, or the the voltage level translator (If I wanted to do it the pins).
Is there anything else needed?