How does odroid xu-4 connect with MX-28R?

Hello everyone.
I am a college student of Tongji university in China,and I have some problems about the poppy torso.
My classmate and me started working on it weeks ago,now we meet a problem.
We finished the assembling and board as you did.And the board and motos work well seperately
the board is odroid xu4,moto is MX-28R.
First we used USB-to-RS485 converter to control robot by PC,we could find those IDs.
But when we connect odroid and the robot through TTL-to-RS485,we got nothing,the board couldn’t find those motos.
It’s my first touch of robot and odroid,I want to get understood of them through this project,but this problem stoped me:confused:
Is there any situation I missed,how could I solve the problem?

1 Like

You probably have troubles around TTL to RS485 conversion. You should have a direction flag added to TTL track to set the RS485 driver on TX or RX mode. Control this flag is an extremely difficult thing with a no real time linux.
You should look at the subject around Hipi board :

OK,I get it .Thanks you very much.I think linux will be my next challenge.Thank you again

Can you check which serial port is created by the TTL-to-RS485 module ?
You can check it with the following snippet in the terminal of the odroid (connected through SSH)

ls -l /dev/tty* > before
# connect your TTL-to-RS485 module
ls -l /dev/tty* > after
diff before after

This module create maybe a non standard tty name which is not detected by pypot.

OK,I’ll try.next days I’m going to have my last exam,and then I’ll try all my best to solve it.Sorry for replying so later.Thank you very much