Recommended 3D Printing Setting?

I am currently using a Makerbot Replicator 5 to print the Poppy. I used the default setting ‘standard’ and ‘high’ while both of these two settings seem not good enough, especially for the holes. And the surface on the supporting side is very rough after removing supporting stuff.

Does anyone has recommended setting for 3d printing? Thanks in advance!

By the way, the 3D printing guide which used to exist is not accessible any more and I am wondering if anyone could put it on the web page again, which might be useful to those who do the 3D printing themselves.

I use Simplify 3D. I highly recommend paying the bucks for it. What software do you use? For Simplify 3d I would really recommend changing the setting under the Other tab, the option for “Support Underspeed”. Changing that from 80% to 50% I think will dramatically improve the support material generation from what you described. I used ReplicatorG to print and Simplify 3D has improved my print outs.

Thank you!

I am using a Makerbot Replicator 5 3D printer and Makerbot’s software. I will try Simplify 3D. And one more quick question, does Simplify 3D improve the quality of the holes? Because every time I have to drill the holes by myself after 3D printing due to the poor printing quality.