Could not initalize robot!

Hello & Bonjour,
Je comprend francais, pas de problèmes avec résponses en francais, merci! Mais je préfère éxpliquer mon problème en anglais:

I hope that you can help me. We received Ergo Jr today and building it was no problem. It’s connected via cable and I can easily access the dashboard and start snap. But I cannot setup a proper connection to the robot and get “You may have connection troubles” in snap, even if I use the right IP etc.

Looking in the logs on the dashboard it says:

Attempt 1 to start the robot…
Attempt 2 to start the robot…
Attempt 3 to start the robot…
Attempt 4 to start the robot…
Attempt 5 to start the robot…
Could not start up the robot…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/poppy/miniconda/bin/poppy-services”, line 6, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/home/poppy/miniconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypot/creatures/services_launcher.py”, line 188, in main
with closing(start_poppy_with_services(args)):
File “/home/poppy/miniconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypot/creatures/services_launcher.py”, line 37, in start_poppy_with_services
raise exc_inst
OSError: Could not initalize robot!

What am I missing? Any additional installation needed?

Thanks a lot for any hints.

Kind regards,
Natalia

Bonjour Natalia,
généralement, la première chose que je vérifie lorsque j’ai “You may have connection troubles” dans Snap! est l’activation de la caméra.
Dans “Configure the robot”, désactive la caméra, puis redémarre le robot en débranchant/rebranchant.
Pense aussi à vérifier le cablage de tous les moteurs : un cable mal branché et la connection ne se fera pas, alors que l’accès au robot semble normal.

Gilles

Merci beaucoup, Gilles, BUT unfortunately it still doesn’t work. I have checked all cables and even rearranged them exactly like on the pictures in the "livre pédagogique " and turned the camera on and off and on. Still failing to initialize. :worried:

Any more ideas? I was really looking forward to try the Ergo, now I am upset…

Thanks a lot for any more hints,
Natalia

Bonjour Natalia,
as-tu bien configuré les moteurs du robot ?
https://docs.poppy-project.org/en/assembly-guides/ergo-jr/motor-configuration.html

Parfois, il est nécessaire de redémarrer le robot (voire de le débrancher puis le rebrancher).