Cannot start up Poppy Humanoid

Hi all,

I am newbie on Poppy Humanoid. We have followed all the steps for setting and building the Poppy. After typing poppy.local to enter the web interface. We can go into the page. However when we wanna monitor the Motors, we cannot find the motors…

When we check the log in the “What happened” button. we have found the following logs:

Attempt 1 to start the robot…
Could not initalize robot!
Attempt 2 to start the robot…
Attempt 3 to start the robot…
Attempt 4 to start the robot…
Attempt 5 to start the robot…
Could not start up the robot…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/poppy/.pyenv/versions/2.7.11/bin/poppy-services”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/home/poppy/.pyenv/versions/2.7.11/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypot/creatures/services_launcher.py”, line 188, in main
with closing(start_poppy_with_services(args)):
File “/home/poppy/.pyenv/versions/2.7.11/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypot/creatures/services_launcher.py”, line 37, in start_poppy_with_services
raise exc_inst
OSError: Could not initalize robot!

Also, when we try to enter through Jupyter, the following screen is shown…

I have tried to follow the steps to set up the password…but still cannot go in after getting the token…

We couldn’t find any solution on the web…See if anyone could help. Thanks a lot!

Bob

Hey,

We have the same problem with our Poppy Humanoid and we couldn’t find any solution too…
Have you already solved the problem?

We asked the Poppy Support for help and now we are waiting for an answer from the poppy dev team.

It would be very helpful if you could give us some advice to solve it.

Thank you!

Hi,
Sorry, I miss that post. It an issue with the installer (in the Jupyter configuration file), it was updated for the Raspberry Pi but not for the Odroid. I’ll fix it next week, I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
To do a quick fix for you, you could connect in SSH to the Odroid (ssh poppy@poppy.local, mdp=poppy) and start jupyter notebook. It should show you a token in the terminal, you will have to copy paste in the written URL. And after that, it should work normally on the home web interface.

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your quick answer.
We connected to the Odroid in SSH and started a new jupyter notebook as you said.
But there was already a notebook running(it started at port 8889)
So we took the token that we found with jupyter list from the poppy webinterface notebook and inserted it in the webinterface. That solved the problem with the logging in in the Python Terminal.
But it’s still asking for a token after every startup…

The other problem with the initialising still exists.
With that error we can’t do anything like running a notebook or control the servos in the webinterface.
Here’s the error code from the “What happened log”:
https://pastebin.com/jviYmRDq

It would be really helpful if you could also help us solving that problem…

Thanks alot!

Hi Theo,

have you already had time to think about our problem?
It’s very urgent because we only have one day last to finish our project.

Please answer as you can!