Cannot use Herborist tool because PyQt4 cannot be downloaded

The install instructions are a bit confusing and seem a little out-dated…when I get to installing the scanning software in the GitHub repo “Assembly Guide > Addressing Dynamixel” it says that Herborist is installed in the user’s PATH if they installed it using the setup.py script (otherwise, the user can access the script via the folder in $PYPOT_SRC/pypot/tools/herborist ).

Another thing the user needs to run Herborist is PyQt4…BUT YOU CANNOT simply sudo pip install pyqt4 …PyQt4 requires SIP, which is provided as a source distribution and binary wheels from PyPi. The online resource (above) says to download sip via pip install sip , however, this does not work since the sip module requires Python 3.5+…I’m using Python 2.7 as per the explicit recommendation from the guide…

How am I suppose to access Herborist???

I also connected to my Odroid-XU4 via ssh odroid@<IP_address> and then ssh poppy@poppy.local . It’s connected to the internet via ethernet-to-router (my local computer is also connected to the same router).

I plugged a mouse, a keyboard, and a monitor into my Odroid, but I still cannot open poppy.local in a Chrome browser from the Odroid. I can connect from my local computer’s browser, but even then there are problems because I still can’t access the Snap! server or the Jupyter Notebook server.

I have followed the installation guide for a tangible robot using the install scripts for an Odroid-XU4 (using a microSD as the boot drive) at least a dozen times now. I’ve also followed the instructions for downloading Poppy Software (Poppy Humanoid) onto my laptop (Ubuntu 18.04) using both methods - 1) using Anaconda2 / Miniconda2 and 2) via source (in separate tries and not at the same time). I’ve written down every step I’ve taken.

Hello @ikay13, yes these instructions and software are being outdated. We’re currently preparing a software and hardware update for the Raspberry Pi 4. In peculiar, we’re switching to virtual environments instead of anaconda that is a bit tricky to debug. However the odroid will no longer be supported, since the new packages are made for RPI4. Have you made progress with your issues?

@ikay13 You can now install Herborist relying on pyqt5 and python3 with pip install herborist