Use Manga Screen with Odroid U3

Hello,

I am using an HDMI cable with an Micro HDMI Male (Type D) to HDMI Female (Type A) Adapter to connect the Manga Screen and the Odroid U3. Nothing came out.

I tried to use the Manga Screen with my desktop (ubuntu) and there was no problem. And the Odroid U3 also works fine with another HDMI screen. I assume the problem might be because the Manga screen is not “real” HDMI (just a DVI with a HDMI port). The possible solution might be to modify the files in the /boot folder but I have no idea how that works with Odroid U3. Someone on the internet mentioned to modify the boot.ini file in the /boot folder in Odroid XU3 but I cannot find any solution for Odroid U3 though.

Thanks!

Regards,
Lethic

Well the Manga Screen does not work well with Odroid U3. We’ve managed to have something on the display but never full screen…

In your case, you do not even have display. Where did you bought your manga screen ?

On their website in their second batch after the crowd funding. The screen works well with my desktop computer which is x86 Ubuntu. But the screen is just black when connected to Odroid. So I am wondering if you have to modify boot files or something like that to get it at least display something? Thanks!

Ok so the firmware should be installed correctly.

Did you check the wiki ?
http://wiki.thing-printer.com/index.php?title=Manga_Screen

If it does not provide help, I think you should contact him directly (I can send you his email by PM if you want)

Yeah, I followed some guide for RPI but it doesn’t help much. I guess I will email him directly. Thanks anyway : )