Screw length between motor circular horns and printed shoulder

Hello !

I just received a new Poppy and trying to assemble it using the given parts !! Very excited !

Arm shoulders are connected thru motors’ circular horns; MX-28 motors and printed little white squares (shoulders) are screwed together with 8 screws.
I used the screws provided in the “HN7-I101 set” and they are seemingly too short. They are almost the same length as the printed box thickness and barely reach screw holes on the horns.
What kind of screw do you use for that ? Would threadlocker be enough although it does not completely reach the screw holes on the horn ?

Thank you very much !!!

Hello olivier
It’s great to know you are beginning to work with poppy.

Can you show me a picture? it will be easier to understand where exactly the problem is

Hello !

Here are some pict to better explain what I have in mind.
Thanks again !! :wink:

For me it’s ok, it’s how Robotis work…

My problem is:
My screws (pict 1) are too short because they barely reach the end of the white plastic part (pict 1). So they cannot get screwed with the metallic part (pict 2).
I tried other screws provided in the package in case I was wrong. Unfortunately, none of them actually get thru the white plastic part and can reach the metallic part to get screwed. Do you think it is because the glue (Red Loctite threadlocker) should do the job by itself ?
I cannot figure out what wrong I am doing here.

Am I screwed ? :smile:

Thanks !!

weird because this length looks quite close from the good one.

Maybe the part printed is not the right one (error from Sclupteo or GR) or there are still some 3D printed powder to remove on the part under the bolt head ?

It works !
It was not an error from Sclupteo or GR. It was indeed a problem with the thickness of the 3d printed powder; simple. I removed a thin layer of plastic using a flat screwdriver which has the same wideness as the screw-holes.

Thanks very much for your help !