Alternatives to Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi is very famous since the community is very huge. The Poppy is using most of time the Korean ODROID boards (U3 or XU4)
But in robotics, it can be useful to look at the other alternatives. I propose this subject to report the best “credit card” computers.

Nano Pi

The Nano Pi is very equivalent to the Raspberry but much smaller. There are lots of models function of your needs.

Link and comparison table : http://www.nanopi.org/index2.html

1 Like

ODROID form hardkernel

The ODROID are known to be powerful. The most famous is the XU4. (and the excellent U3 not available anymore :cry:)

Link and comparison table : http://www.hardkernel.com/main/main.php

There were a few hidden in this topic:

A few more in random order:

Orange pi is the Best and CHEAPEST alternative of Raspberry pi.
It’s got a quad-core 1.5Ghz ARM7 cpu (Allwinner H3) and 1GB of RAM, so on paper it should give the RPi 2 a serious run for its money. At any rate, I bought one to see if I could use it as a cheap Pi alternative; it shipped very quickly and is a pretty nice board. They don’t support power over the micro USB connector, so I’m using an old Sony PSP 5V 2A adapter I got at Goodwill for $2 and a Samsung 32GB microSDHC card I swiped out of an RPi.

@papak69 Orange pi is the Best and CHEAPEST alternative of Raspberry pi.
It’s got a quad-core 1.5Ghz ARM7 cpu (Allwinner H3) and 1GB of RAM, so on paper it should give the RPi 2 a serious run for its money. At any rate, I bought one to see if I could use it as a cheap Pi alternative; it shipped very quickly and is a pretty nice board. They don’t support power over the micro USB connector, so I’m using an old Sony PSP 5V 2A adapter I got at Goodwill for $2 and a Samsung 32GB microSDHC card I swiped out of an RPi.

0_1487002681199_upload-896176ee-2477-4309-bd6b-1511b4371abf

I have been playing for a few weeks with the NanoPi NEO Air and I have to say I am very impressed. I have posted a first impression blog here in case you are interested about the board.

In the next days or so I plan to post some performance rating - and I it is really remarkable how well this tiny board handles.

2 Likes

Very nice hardware !! the Dynamixel shield at the end is very interesting. If you want to have a beta-tester :wink:

Where did you buy it ?

The NanoPi are available directly from the friendlyarm.com site. Just Add-to-cart and then checkout.

They are delivered pretty quickly from China. Although if you want to order a bunch of them you might get some ridiculous shipping quotes.

I think there is a distributor in Germany - but I’m not sure they keep too many in stock. Maybe someone is interested to distribute them in Europe?

About the offer for beta testing from earlier - I’ll definitely keep you in the loop.

1 Like

I’ve just posted some qualitative results for NanoPi NEO Air.
Please feel free to comment.
For me this is the board of choice for the robot that I’m working on.

1 Like

I think Orange Pi Project Board is best alternative of raspberry pi. It comes with SATA, IR, Gigabit Ethernet, and also a built-in mic. If you want to buy this board you can check below link:

hej
jeg vel lige høre til hvor i finder programing hen til raspberry pi 3 og vel i ikke lægge en link ind til mig her for kan ikke finde det