Cherry Project, Poppy Torso reconstruction

Hello everyone,

We are rebuilding a Poppy torso from pieces of an older Poppy and some of the latest model plastic pieces. The arms had been build without problems but we have troubles with the trunk. Here are the two material problems we have :

The plastis pices to link the two MX-28 of the trunk. We cannot use the bolts from the previous robot. Is there a pack of special screws&bolts that we should have ?

When we try to install the AX-12, the abutments don’t fit in the holes. The holes are too small. The dynamixel cannot be flat in his place. It is impossible to screw it in his place.
Had a poppy been completly build with the new set of pieces ?

Please any indications for us ?

Hi Laura,

Which documentation did you use ?

On our side, we have built the trunk and everything was OK. We have exactly the same parts.

PS: I have printed a new support for Poppy Torso, you can come to take it when you want.

Hi,
Thank you @Matthieu, I can come monday morning if it is alright for you.
We use the Poppy Humanoid assembly instructions and your youtube videos.

In this doc you have the size of the bolt required:
https://github.com/matthieu-lapeyre/Robotis-library/blob/master/doc/double_MX28_assembly.md

Hello,
finally we had a too old version of the motor AX12, the old abutments are a lot bigger than the ones on the new AX12 model. We got a new one that fit perfectly thanks to the Flowers Team.
For the bolt hole of the plastic piece, seems to be an error of printing. I finally use a big bolt and force a little. But when I try to screw the two MX64 to the trunk, the plastic piece broke. I use the old piece in replacement.
However I cannot find the documentation to build Poppy’s head (not the electronical parts, just the mechanical ones).

Can you give us a picture please?

Yes of course

An other problem I had was when I fix the two MX 28, the holes din’t exactly aligne. I had to reshap the holes with screwdriver.

Why are you doing this ? You do not need it for a Poppy Torso.

Just put opposite bolts before.

Can you bring the broken parts ?

Yes I discovered that we don’t need them this morning…

For the alignement, I couldn’t put the two opposite screws. I only manage on screwing the one beside. It was a lot of pain each time until I just reshape the holes with the screwdriver.

We should have finished soon, we will bring everything back then.

I checked the part you have broken, normally it should be robust enough.

I still upgraded the thickness:

Hi,
I am not sure this is needed. The hole for the bolt was the wrong size and we put one by force. It should had apply pressure at the wrong place. It should be ok we correcting the hole.
Can we pass today ? I think we miss some pieces for the head and the screws for the support.

Yes you can come.
Can you bring your Poppy Torso to see if everything is ok ?

Hello!

Here are the photos of the completed Poppy torso. We are now testing the motors.

6 Likes

Hello,
The torso is fully working since yesterday (we had some trouble with herborist). We used it to test several mouvements, everything was fine, but this morning one dynamixel in the shoulder is almost dead. Is it possible to pass and pick up an other engin ?

Yes you can pass by before 12h30 or after 14h30, office B325.

ok thank you, we will come this afternoon.

Hello @Matthieu,

I liked the quality of the black 3d printed part in the photo you have shared. can I know what is the 3d printer you have used to print it?

It is a SLS print, made by Sculteo.