Poppy building at the Arts et Métiers school

Current work

I’m currently working on an inverse kinematics project.
I will probably need the help of talented devs to make it functionnal and incorporable in the Pypot library, that’s why I’m preparing a LaTex document detailing all the process of calculating the robot posture to make one of its end effector (left/right foot/hand) reach a position from an initial position [as you suggested with other student projects possibilities][1]. I’m discovering the LaTex language so it will take a few days before I expose the purpose of the programs needed.

This method calculates all influent motors goal position at each period in a sampled goal displacement for an end effector. If we take the chest as the base referential, we have to determine the position of 10 motors to change the position of a point located on Poppy’s foot.
Constraints will have to be selected through a list of possibilities to make the solution unique at every period. They will be 7 relations at least bitween different motors positions to reach a (x,y,z) position. We could program methods with those options that can be set by default.
Foot’s orientation can be one of these conditions or paralelism with ground and so on…

Wait for the theory doc !
[1]: Idées de projets étudiants/FabLabs autour de la plateforme Poppy