VREP syncronization problem: pypot.vrep.io.VrepIOErrors: No value Timeout

Hi all,

I am loading several Poppy Torso scenes in the VREP using the pypot library as it is shown in this post:

One after the other. Everything goes fine and I’m able to run many times my program… until the point I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:/Users/martin/Dropbox/TESIS/poppy-tesis/VREP_Python/2017_04_06_startMainEvolutive/pruebas.py”, line 33, in
Poppy = VrepIO(vrep_host, vrep_port, scene_array[m], start=True)
File “C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\pypot\vrep\io.py”, line 70, in init
self.open_io()
File “C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\pypot\vrep\io.py”, line 84, in open_io
self.load_scene(self.scene, self.start)
File “C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\pypot\vrep\io.py”, line 111, in load_scene
self.call_remote_api(‘simxLoadScene’, scene_path, True)
File “C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\pypot\vrep\io.py”, line 365, in call_remote_api
raise VrepIOErrors(msg)
pypot.vrep.io.VrepIOErrors: No value Timeout

I think this error is similar to this:

but neither increasing the “MAX_ITER and TIMEOUT” value or disabled the “undo/redo”. Furthermore, the only way to eliminate this error is closing and open the VREP simulator again.

I think is a synchronization problem, but I’ve not been able to solve it yet. Any idea what can be causing this problem?

Regards!

Hi,
If you try to control multiple Torso (or Poppy robots) in the same VREP scene, it does not work because it is not supported.
There is a very old TODO about it, but we didn’t take the time to add this feature.
Any PR on that is welcome !